What is the Parents’ Advisory Council?
The Advisory Council exists to provide advice and information and to support the Headteacher and Governors.
What does this involve?
- Developing links with the community.
- Advising and assisting with student activities.
- Advising on community use of the premises.
- Organising Social functions.
- Monitoring and continually improving the standards for students.
- Helping with the development and preparation of Academy policies.
In order to carry out these duties we meet once a term with the Headteacher and other school staff and more often as a fundraising sub group. This summary was taken from the document entitled Parents’ Advisory Council Brief.
Who are we?
2019-20 Members of the Council:-
- Alison Fletcher
- Andy Jones
- Samantha Jordan
How can you get involved?
There are many ways you can become involved with the Parents’ Council not all of which involves committing a great deal of time.
- You can become an elected committee member (Charity Trustee). This involves helping to fulfil the duties outlined in the brief, attending both council and fundraising meetings. The Parents’ Advisory Council is a registered charity, you would therefore be required to be a charity trustee along with the other committee members (this sounds quite scary but it’s not … honest!)
- Be a member of the Fund Raising Sub Group (Walsall Academy Fundraising Group). This involves attending Sub Group Committee Meetings and assisting with the organisation and facilitation of fundraising events.
- If you cannot join the committee we still need your support with our events – for more information see our forthcoming events information below.
- Please contact Walsall Academy Fundraising Group if you have any questions or would like to become a member. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Let us know your views on issues to do with your school. Contact the Parents Advisory Council.
Dates of Parents’ Advisory Council Meetings 2019 – 2020
- Monday 7 October 2019
- Thursday 30 January 2020
- Tuesday 19 May 2020
All meetings will start at 6:00pm and held at the Academy.
The Walsall Academy Fundraising Group Meetings 2019-2020
The Walsall Academy Fundraising Group has been set up by parents to provide all those little extras that enhance our children’s lives in the Academy.
Meetings will be confirmed later in the Autumn term.
All meetings will start at 6:00pm and held at the Academy. Please contact Walsall Academy Fundraising Group if you would like to become a member. Email: email@example.com
Forthcoming Events 2019 – 2020
If any Parents have unwanted items suitable for a raffle that they would like to donate, please could you bring them along to Student Resources for the attention of Parents Advisory Council. Thank you.
Our local Police have provided information for Parents about Internet Safety.
– Download the letter (PDF)
– E-Safety – Practical Advice for Parents (PDF)