School Reopening on Wednesday 2 September 2020
Year 7 Induction Day is on Wednesday 2 September starting at 8.30am.
Year 7 will start every day at 8.30am and finish at 2.30pm throughout the Autumn Term.
Students should arrive for an 8.30am start.
The students will finish at 2.30pm and must leave the premises. Can parents please refrain from congregating at the school gates. Thank you for your cooperation.
Personal Tutors will meet their new tutees on the Induction Day and will phone home to introduce themselves in the first week of school in September once the new Year 7 have settled in. The Personal Tutor will be the single point of contact for you at the Academy and you were informed of their name in July. If you are not sure please email the Academy email@example.com.
Timetables for 2020-21 will be emailed and posted to parents on 20 August.
Please click here to read the important information about the Year 7 Induction Day and Autumn Term Arrangements for Year 7 students.
Coronavirus and Structure of the Day
The plans for the larger return of students and staff to the building have been made in conjunction with ‘Social Distancing’ rules and the Covid-19 Risk Assessment.
It is a requirement of all students to observe the ‘social distancing’ rules as follows:
- Do not come to school if you or anyone in your household have any of the Covid-19 symptoms; fever, persistent cough, loss of sense of smell or taste;
- Arrive during the stated time frame only and do not congregate outside the Academy gates on Lichfield Road;
- Report directly to your timetabled classroom and no other place within the school;
- Leave the Academy immediately once lessons have finished;
- Keep your distance from others wherever possible, especially adults and those not in your year group bubble;
- Wash or sanitise your hands when arriving at school and regularly throughout the day;
- Avoid touching your face;
- Do not share equipment with others. Make sure you bring everything you need (e.g. exercise books, completed work, pen, ruler, calculator etc.);
- Wherever possible avoid public transport by walking or cycling to school;
- Refrain from socialising with peers before or after school, as per current government guidance.
Please click here for Year 7 Social Distancing Instructions.
Please click here for guidance on NHS Test and Trace.
Security and visitors
Owing to Covid-19 we are not accepting visitors, including parents, unless absolutely necessary. We ask that instead you contact the Academy by telephone on (01922) 493910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to access Show My Homework: Click here
How to access School Email Account: Click here
How to access Microsoft Teams: Click here
Unfortunately, we will not be able to run our Session 3 programme of extra-curricular activities in the Autumn Term. We are hoping that we will be able to start the activities after school in the Spring Term. Our traditional Outward Bound weekend for Year 7 students is also postponed, but we will hopefully be able to take Year 7 away in the Summer Term to the Outward Bound Centre in Wales.
Please click on the following to view information and policies relevant to the 2020-2021 academic year:-
Please click here for an updated map of the Academy which includes the new extension:-